Some courses can be booked online directly below. For all other courses please call us on:
1300 990 810
Course Start Dates
Click your course below to book online or call us on 1300 990 810
- Brisbane - Call us for dates
- Gladstone - Call us for dates
- Melbourne - Call us for dates
- Sydney (Botany) - Call us for dates
Roof Access Training
(inclined surfaces up to 60 degrees) - RIIOHS204A
Successful trainees receive a Statement of Attainment for Working at Height (Roof Access) which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Accredited by F&SA (RTO 22250).
2 days. Allow two 8 hour days.
For group courses, contact us for an obligation free quote.
Our Roof Access Training Course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to safely work on inclined surfaces up to 60 degree pitch angle. Beyond 60 degrees requires technically advanced skills and the AS 4488 twin rope method is used. Training covers risk assessment procedures, equipment selection, methods of accessing the working surface, installation of anchor systems and work positioning using rope grabs and lanyards. The course will enable you to meet your Workplace OHS obligations.
- OHS legislative requirements (overview)
- Travel restraint systems
- AS 1891.4 (overview)
- Work positioning systems
- PPE selection, use and basic maintenance
- Fall arrest systems (avoidance)
- Using double hook lanyards
- Rope management and house-keeping
- Installing solid and reliable roof anchorage
- Assessment activity in roof context
- Training conducted by experienced Height Safety Specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for Working at Height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Pre-course learning materials
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
Each Trainee Must Provide (On-site training)
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, ascenders, descenders etc.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- approriate clothing, closed in footwear